The Constant Status notifications are made of objects that have a hierarchy as shown in the diagram.
Notifications are created by selecting a form and entering information into the provided fields.
Forms are created by selecting a set of fields that will appear on the form.
Fields are created by selecting a field of type:
- Drop Down list - Provide a drop-down list with options you define.
- Text - Capture small text.
- Multi-line text - Capture larger amounts of text, typically spanning multiple lines.
- Numeric - Capture a numeric value. Only integers allowed.
- Decimal - Capture a decimal value
- Date - Capture a date/time in the future or past.
Forms and Notifications can include and be sent to:
Channels can be one of the following:
- Emails (which can include an Organization, Group, or individual users)
- Slack Channel
- Cisco Spark Channel
- Microsoft Teams Channel
- Timelines (Note timelines are not included in notifications. Instead, they have their own filters based on the information or value in a notification.)
Organizations can include multiple users and can also be assigned multiple email distribution addresses of their own.
Groups can include multiple users and can also be assigned multiple email distribution addresses of their own.
At the lower level is a user, which includes a single email address. When a user is added they can be added into a group or organization. Note: While it is possible, It is recommended not to assign a distribution list to an individual user, but to instead assign it to a group or organization since a distribution list represents multiple people.
All of the elements as shown can be tagged for later filtering and usages.