Fields can be placed on forms to allow a user to enter information. When accounts are created there is a set of pre-populated fields that can be used, customized, or removed. There are some system fields that can not be deleted.
There are various types of fields:
- Drop-down list - Allows a preset set of items to be placed in a drop down list for selection
- Text - Capture a single line of text
- Multi-line text - Capture larger amounts of text, typically spanning multiple lines
- Numeric - Capture a numeric value
- Decimal - Capture a decimal value
- Checkbox - A single selection option
- Date - Calendar control and select date and time
Fields can be added and edited. A field has a name that is used to reference it. A field also has a Display Name that is used as the name that is displayed on forms. For fields when a Display name should not be displayed on the form the checkbox can be used to "Use Display Name" but left blank.